2 Passengers on Coronavirus-Stricken Cruise Have Died – Time

Read more via Time – https://ift.tt/2P8Rnnf

Two passengers on the coronavirus-stricken cruise docked in Japan have died, the country’s state-owned broadcaster reported Thursday.

The passengers were an 87-year-old man and an 84-year-old woman, according to NHK. These are the first fatalities from the Diamond Princess, which recorded over 600 infections, the largest number outside of the outbreak in China.

Of the 3,645 passengers and crew onboard, 621 were diagnosed with the novel coronavirus, meaning that about one in six on the ship have tested positive.

The vessel, moored at the port in Yokohama, allowed passengers to start evacuating Wednesday after a heavily criticized, two-week quarantine failed to stop the spread of the deadly disease formally known as COVID-19.

About 500 passengers have reportedly already left, picked up by charter flights arranged by their home countries. The U.S., Australia and Hong Kong are among the governments that have repatriated their citizens, who are now facing a second, 14-day quarantine in their countries.

After the passengers depart, the 1,000-some crew members are expected to move into the guest rooms and begin their own quarantine.

Including the cases on the cruise, Japan has over half of the known infections outside China, where 75,725 people have been diagnosed and more than 2,100 have died, according to the Johns Hopkins University’s virus tracker.

Off the ship, Japan has 84 confirmed coronavirus cases. The rapid spread of the disease, and concern about local transmission, has prompted criticism of the government’s response as the country gears up to host the Summer Olympics.

Last week, Japan recorded its first fatality—a woman in her 80s who had been hospitalized since Feb. 1, AP reported. Her diagnosis with coronavirus came after her death, according to the country’s Health Minister Katsunobu Kato.

Get The Brief. Sign up to receive the top stories you need to know right now.

Thank you!

For your security, we’ve sent a confirmation email to the address you entered. Click the link to confirm your subscription and begin receiving our newsletters. If you don’t get the confirmation within 10 minutes, please check your spam folder.

Write to Hillary Leung at hillary.leung@time.com.

Aisha Yesufu roasts El-Rufai’s son, Bashir, for calling her ‘mad’ – Olisa.tv

via Olisa.tv – https://ift.tt/3bSC0ZN

Activist and co-convener of #Bring Back Our Girls, Aisha Yesufu has savagely fired back at a son of Kaduna state governor, Bashir El-Rufai, after he called her a mad woman.

Aisha Yesufu has been a regular and unapologetic critic of El-Rufai’s administration in Kaduna, as well as that of the president, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.).

Things got particularly hairy after Bashir left a comment on Twitter describing Aisha as a mad woman.

Bashir El-Rufai tweeted;

‘I am fully proud to say that Aisha Yesufu is a wholly stupid being. Criticism is great, but madness is counterproductive.

She didn’t criticize my father, she insulted my father, unprovoked too, so forgive me but it’s quite personal. And I said what I said. She is mad” .

Reacting to Bashir’s tweet, Aisha Yesufu pulled no punches as she gave him a savage response and asked him to send her regards to his mother.

”Take care of yourself my dear and give my love to your mum. I pray all her effort won’t go to waste. For sure we mothers never give up on our sons no matter how wayward they are and I know she wouldn’t give up on you”

Bet we’ve not seen the last of this fight.

The post Aisha Yesufu roasts El-Rufai’s son, Bashir, for calling her ‘mad’ appeared first on Olisa.tv.

Footballer suspended for five years for biting off opponent’s pen*s during a match in France – TobiVibes – African Latest Entertainment Hub

read more via TobiVibes – African Latest Entertainment Hub – https://ift.tt/2TcpkEP

Footballer suspended for five years for biting opponent’s penis during a match in France

Footballer suspended for five years for biting off opponent’s pen*s during a match in France

An amateur player was handed five years ban in a local league for biting one of his opponents’ penis during a post-match fight in France.

The incident reportedly occurred after a second division game between Treville and Soetrich in a local league that ended 1 – 1 on 17 November 2019.

According to a local news website in Lorraine, a player from each side started fighting, another Treville player joined in, apparently trying to separate them. The Dietrich player responded by biting the peacemaker’s penis. The victim required about ten stitches and had to take four days off work.

‘The events took place after the match, in the stadium car park. There were an altercation, an escalation, and things got worse,’ said Emmanuel Saling of the Mosellan football district, adding that the blame was ‘more or less shared.’

Saling also said that because the ‘case was quite original,’ the disciplinary committee had called an expert witness before deciding to suspend the Soetrich player for five years.

The injured Treville player was also suspended for six months for his part in the fight.

‘It’s quite rare to have sanctions of several years, there are less than 10 per year,’ Saling said. ‘The case was a bit saucy, but … there must have been some nasty tension, so the smiles on the disciplinary committee quickly faded.’

The publication also revealed that the two clubs were punished with two penalty points and a fine of 200 euros ‘for failing to meet their safety obligations’ and ‘for the lack of reaction from club officials when the fight broke out.’

The post Footballer suspended for five years for biting off opponent’s pen*s during a match in France appeared first on TobiVibes – African Latest Entertainment Hub.

Speed Darlington Brags About Destroying Tunde Ednut’s Career – tooXclusive

via tooXclusive – https://ift.tt/37FluJl

Instagram sensation and singer, Speed Darlington has bragged about being the initiator of the downfall of his arch-enemy, Tunde Ednut.

It is no longer news the Speed Darlington and Tunde Ednut are not the best of friends. Both men have continuously slammed each other on social media and fans are wondering when the fight would finally come to an end. In a recent post on Instagram, Speedy asked his fans on whether he should keep dragging the artistes that have been pissing him.

He gave them an example of how they would end up by bragging about how he ended the career of the singer turned blogger who constantly shaded him on social media. He wrote: “Should i continue the attack or i should let it go? I keep dragging those people who piss me off. Do you see how I turn Tunde from Hunter To Hunted”

See his post below:

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Speed Darlington (@speeddarling) on

The post Speed Darlington Brags About Destroying Tunde Ednut’s Career appeared first on tooXclusive.

See The Moment Davido Swiftly Dodged A Fan Who Tried To Hug Him On Stage || Watch Video – tooXclusive

via tooXclusive – https://ift.tt/39RIiqD

One of the most hilarious videos you would see on the internet today is that of Davido dodging a fan who tried to hug him on stage.

In the video that has gone viral, the singer while performing one of his hits songs was shocked when a male fan managed to climb the stage to get a hug from him. Davido’s reaction was epic as he quickly bent down, leaving the fan to hug his crew member behind him and the young man was immediately taken off the stage.

See the video below:

 

View this post on Instagram

 

The moment #Davido dodged an overreaching fan on stage

A post shared by Instablog9ja (@instablog9ja) on

The post See The Moment Davido Swiftly Dodged A Fan Who Tried To Hug Him On Stage || Watch Video appeared first on tooXclusive.

“If I Die Today, You’re The Only Woman I know Will Take Care Of My Children” Teebillz Shades Tiwa As He Celebrates Ex, Maete – 360Nobs.com

via 360Nobs.com – https://ift.tt/2P8xNYg

Teebillz took to Instagram to celebrate his ex in a post some of his followers have described as spiteful.

Sharing a photo of Kenea Maete Udoh, who he has two kids with, he described her as the best mother to all his kids, including those she didn’t give birth to. He added that she’s the only one he can trust to care for his kids if he’s gone. He also thanked her for being the “best in his life”.

He wrote: “beautiful beauty don’t need no filter babe……… I’m grateful for ur love towards my kids! Khalil, Gaetano, Jamil, Bisi and Ona……. if I Die today you are the only woman I know will take care of my children! Thank you Maete for being the Best mom to my Children!!!”

In another post, he wrote: “Happy Birthday to the best mother to Bisi, Khalil, Ona , Amira……. Most especially, JAMiL and GUY…… thank u Maete for being the best in my my Life……. ”

Alex Okosi Talks Humble Beginning, Launching MTV In Africa And More On A Special Episode Of MTV Base Behind The Story – Nigerian Entertainment Today

via Nigerian Entertainment Today – https://ift.tt/2vRyw9f

Alex Okosi
Alex Okosi will be heading YouTube operations in the EMEA.

This special episode of MTV Base Behind The Story features Alex Okosi, who is the driving force behind ViacomCBS Networks Africa, home to powerhouse entertainment brands BET, Comedy Central, MTV, MTV Base, MTV Music, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., and NickToons in Africa, as well as BET International with channel brand businesses in Europe, Asia and Africa.

In the episode, Alex sits with host, Pearl Thusi and opens up on several issues about him, his background, and how he built the Viacom business in Africa. With entertainment experience amassed across three continents over 21 years, Alex Okosi spoke about his humble beginning in Enugu, his family, and how travelling to America at the age of 12 in pursuit of academic excellence changed the course of his life for the better.

Alex also shared details of his early days in America, living in a gang-infested neighbourhood. In his words “It was like the wild wild west out there”, and he had to move out of that neighbourhood after the death of his friend. He also talked about playing basketball, living with a foster mother, and how a knee injury ended his dream of playing in the NBA.

On the launch of MTV in Africa, he said the goal at that time was to have Africans appreciate Africa. Alex, who achieved a personal and industry milestone when he identified a business gap for a youth music and lifestyle channel in Africa, developed the business plan and launched Viacom’s first localised channel in Africa, MTV Base, in 2005.

Alex Okosi shared some exclusive stories about the early days of MTV in Africa, the challenges faced in building the business on the continent and the people behind the scenes that have made the company successful. You can follow @mtvbasewest on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram or join the conversation using the #MTVBaseBehindTheStory.

The post Alex Okosi Talks Humble Beginning, Launching MTV In Africa And More On A Special Episode Of MTV Base Behind The Story appeared first on Nigerian Entertainment Today.

Nollywood Actor Korede Wealth Obasan and wife welcome new baby girl (Photos) – TobiVibes – African Latest Entertainment Hub

via TobiVibes – African Latest Entertainment Hub – https://ift.tt/2uQOeSg

Nollywood Actor Korede Wealth Obasan and wife welcome new baby girl

Korede Wealth Obasan and wife welcome new baby girl

It is indeed a time of happiness and jubilation for the family members of famous Yoruba movie star Korede Wealth Obasan, following the addition of a new member to their family. The filmmaker shared the news of his wife’s delivery on his Instagram page on Wednesday, February 19.

According to Obasan, his dearly beloved welcomed a beautiful baby girl. The excited father flooded his page with adorable photos in which he was spotted enjoying a father-daughter moment with his new child. Obasan, in the caption that accompanied the post, gave praises to the almighty God for the safe delivery of the little one.

Taking to his Instagram page, Korede Wealth Obasan, shared lovely photos of himself carrying the newborn, writing;

All I want to say is THANK YOU LORD 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏 Baba Ese Jesu Eseun…My Princess is here 💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙.

And Boom 💥 💥 Grandma & Grandpa are here. A ku odun ooooo. Princess

See his post below:

Korede Wealth Obasan and wife welcome new baby girl

Shortly after, the actor returned with another set of photos in which the little one was seen with her grandparents.

More photos below:

As expected, fans and colleagues flooded his comment section with congratulatory messages.

Read what some of them had to say below:

starboytemidayo: “Congratulations brotherly”

amteye: “Awww congrats we gon party on this one”

akibujoyfulamizz: “congratulations my dear”

marykorede: “Wow mum n dad carbon copy”

xoneprettyy: “Congrats sir and here we come for omugo”

ojstar_imageplus: “Congrats to your new born baby”

princess_kennyt: “Congratulations to your family”

ikingbobby: “Congratulations bro”

tinusatisfy: “Congratulations to you and your family bro…God will count her among us”

The post Nollywood Actor Korede Wealth Obasan and wife welcome new baby girl (Photos) appeared first on TobiVibes – African Latest Entertainment Hub.

Abdulsamad Rabiu: How Dangote’s Competitor Became One Of The Richest Africans for the Fifth Time – Nigerian Entertainment Today

Read more via Nigerian Entertainment Today – https://ift.tt/3bUMHLi

According to the Forbes list, Abdulsamad Rabiu is the eighth richest person in Africa and the 3rd richest person in Nigeria. He is one of four Nigerians who made it to the highly coveted list this year.

He is the founder and CEO of BUA Group, an import business he started in 1988 after inheriting land from his father, well-known businessman Isyaku Rabiu. Business Insider reports that the company deals in everything from sugar refining, cement production, real estate, logistics to port operations. 

Despite getting some help at the beginning of his business, Rabiu still faced major challenges in growing the business. However, through disruptive innovation, strategic movement and sheer stubbornness, he pushed through and built an empire.

He established BUA International Limited in 1998 to import rice, flour, iron, steel and crude palm oil. In 2000, his company acquired Nigeria Oil Mills in Kano and by 2005, he had set up the BUA Flour Mills factory in Lagos. He established the second-largest refinery in West Africa in 2008, after the Dangote Sugar Refinery and a $900 million cement plant in Edo State in 2015. He also runs a real estate business, BUA Group Estate Development Limited. 

In 2016, he was dropped off the Forbes billionaires list but he made it back to the list in 2019. He explained the cause of his temporal drop from the list to Forbes. He said, “most of our other assets were not being considered because once you are not listed, it becomes more challenging to get an accurate valuation. Our assets, in the cement industry alone, are worth more than $2 billion, but that is because Obu Cement [Plant], which is our biggest cement plant, is not listed”. He also attributed it to the devaluation of the naira. 

Forbes Africa stated that Abdulsamad Rabiu increased his fortune by working with a good strategy. “A firm believer in strategy, the cement and sugar tycoon boosted his fortunes by a whopping $650 million this year when he merged Kalambaina Cement, a subsidiary company of his BUA Cement, with the publicly traded Cement Company of Northern Nigeria (CCNN), where he was a controlling shareholder”, they reported. “That calculated move has made him the third richest man in Africa’s largest economy, with a staggering net worth of $1.6 billion.”

The post Abdulsamad Rabiu: How Dangote’s Competitor Became One Of The Richest Africans for the Fifth Time appeared first on Nigerian Entertainment Today.

How Folorunsho Alakija Became The Richest Nigerian Female On Forbes List For The 7th Time – Nigerian Entertainment Today

Read more via Nigerian Entertainment Today – https://ift.tt/2SFtOo9

Coming in at number 20 on the newly released Forbes 2020 African Billionaires list, Folorunsho Alakija is the only other woman on the list after Angola’s Isabel Do Santos who claimed the thirteenth spot. She is one of four Nigerians who made it to the highly coveted list this year.

She is the Vice-Chair of Nigerian oil exploration company, Famfa Oil, which shares a joint partnership agreement with international giants Chevron and Petrobras.

According to CNBC Africa, Alakija started off working as a secretary in a bank for and eventually quit as a treasury officer after 12 years in the bank. She decided to start her fashion business but she first had to get trained in fashion schools in London. She had learned a lot about textiles from her mum as a child. She soon got bored with the fashion business and decided to try her hand on something new. This birth her other business, Rose of Sharon Prints and Promotions, as well as Digital Reality Prints. 

After establishing the printing business, a chance meeting with a friend opened Alakija’s eyes to the oil business. It took a lot of researching, three years of requesting, several ministerial changes and weathering various refusals for Alakija to finally get her oil block with the help of Maryam Babaginda. The challenges with the oil business were only just beginning and it took her years of trying to find partners with the technical expertise and technology to start the exploration. She eventually partnered up with Texaco which was bought by Chevron 5 years after their initial deal. 

After they discovered oil in commercial quantities and declared it, the government took away 50% of her shares. Chevron had 40% and she was now left with only 10% of her shares. It took 12 years of intense legal battles for Folorunsho Alakija to win back the shares that had been taken from her. She told Forbes, “It was bittersweet. There were a lot of sleepless nights and battles. Suddenly we became the plague, friends stopped picking up our calls and people were asking why we could not be content with 10 per cent.”

The post How Folorunsho Alakija Became The Richest Nigerian Female On Forbes List For The 7th Time appeared first on Nigerian Entertainment Today.